Money on the road – level 3
Drivers in Southern California, USA, scrambled to grab cash after bags of money fell out of an armored vehicle on a highway.
Several bags opened after one of the vehicle’s doors popped open, spreading mostly one and twenty-dollar bills all over the lanes. People stopped in the lanes, completely blocked them, and grabbed the cash, bringing the highway to a sudden stop. The incident happened on Friday morning, and traffic came to a standstill for two hours.
A California Highway Patrol (CHP) spokesperson said that they were working with the FBI, and they suggested that the people return the cash to the CHP office immediately because they were going to find these people.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.