Money to Explore Space – level 1
There are 22 countries in the European Space Agency (ESA). They agree to pay $16 billion more to the agency for the next five years.
The climate change program gets a lot of money. The program studies Earth. The ESA director says that people are very interested in climate change. They want their leaders to do something about it. The program can help them.
The extra money also helps pay for more projects. One project is to send a rover to Mars with NASA. Another project is to bring back old things from Earth from space. Another project is to send the first European to the moon.
Difficult words: climate change (the idea that Earth’s weather is changing), study (to look at, to learn), project (work that a person or people do to find out or finish something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos