Money to Explore Space – level 2
The 22 countries of the European Space Agency (ESA) agreed to pay $16 billion more towards the agency for the next five years.
The ESA director said that the ESA’s climate change program received more money than expected. This is because more people are interested in climate change, and the program observes Earth. He said that people want their leaders to do something about climate change, and this program will help.
The money will help pay for other ESA projects. One project will work with NASA to send a rover to Mars and get samples. Another project will bring back old satellites and other things from Earth from space. Another project will send the first European astronaut to the moon.
Difficult words: observe (to look at, to study), rover (a vehicle that can drive over land and that people use through remote control), sample (a piece or an example of something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos