Monkey Steals Money – level 1
A shop has a visitor. The visitor is a monkey. A man in the shop gives a piece of fruit to the monkey. Then the monkey goes into the shop. He sits on a chair. Then he takes some money and he runs away. The monkey is a thief!
The man wants the money back. He tries to give the monkey a banana. The monkey does not want it. He runs away with 10,000 rupees. This is about 150 US dollars.
The man knows this monkey. The monkey was at the shop before. Now the man is more careful.
Difficult words: thief (somebody who steals), careful (when you do not do dangerous things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos