Monkey Steals Money – level 2
Last month, an unusual thief visited a jewellery shop. The thief was a monkey.
First, an employee of the shop noticed the monkey sitting outside the shop door and he offered a piece of fruit to the monkey. Shortly after that, the unsatisfied monkey pushed open the door and went inside the shop. He took a seat in an office chair, relaxed, then took some money and ran off with it.
The employee tried to offer the monkey a banana in exchange for the money, but the thief did not want it and escaped into the street with about 10,000 rupees, which is about 150 US dollars.
Shop staff said that they saw this monkey before. They will be more careful now if he comes back again.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.