Monkeys in a city – level 1
A city in India has a problem. Thousands of monkeys come to the city.
They go into people’s homes. They take food and clothing. People must protect their homes. They use iron grills.
People from India worship monkeys. Some people give food to them. This makes the situation worse. Also, there is a forest around the city. The city grows. The forest gets smaller and smaller. The monkeys don’t have enough space. They must move into the city.
Difficult words: iron (type of metal), grill (bars for protection), worship (to show love and respect for a god).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How would you solve this problem?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos