Monster truck accident – level 1
There is a motor show in the Netherlands. An accident happens there.
People watch a monster truck driving. It is a big machine. It has really big wheels. It is very powerful, too. It drives over six cars. However, it does not stop afterwards. It drives into the people who are watching.
Two people die. Another 18 are injured. They go to hospital. An ambulance helicopter flies there to help them.
Difficult words: wheel (every car has four of them), afterwards (after), injured (have problems with the body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Whose fault is this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.