Moon Hits Cars – level 2
A giant balloon in the shape of the moon was part of a festival in China. The balloon broke free in high winds, which the approach of Typhoon Meranti caused.
The moon caused chaos in the streets of the Chinese city. The moon rolled over cars. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.
People do not know if anyone caught the moon, or if it is still on the loose.
Difficult words: shape (the form of something), approach (the action of coming near), on the loose (free).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos