More California Fires – level 3
In California, more than 650 fires burned 2,000 square miles, and they destroyed over 1,400 homes and other structures.
Two of the major blazes rank second and third among the largest in California history. As gusty winds had decreased and residents started to return to scenes of devastation, dry lightning strikes triggered new fires. Between Tuesday and Wednesday alone, California had more than 400 reported lightning strikes that triggered 50 new fires. Luckily, all of them were contained.
Seven people have died in these fires, including a helicopter pilot who died in a crash while he was responding to a blaze. Additional fires are burning in Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.