Most Powerful Women in the World – level 1
Forbes is an American business magazine. Every year, it makes a list. There are 100 women on the list. These women are the most powerful women in the world.
Who is number one? It is Angela Merkel. She is the German Chancellor. Hillary Clinton is the second most powerful woman.
Oprah Winfrey is the richest woman. She has 2 billion pounds. Singer Beyonce leads in the entertainment field.
Difficult words: chancellor (the most important person in some countries in poltics), lead (to be the best), entertainment field (this is a category for singers, actors/actresses and people who you can see in the TV).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this list?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos