Motorcyclist hits a man – level 3
CCTV footage has been released by the Met Police, showing a motorcyclist knocking down a pedestrian, and then shouting at him before driving off.
In what has been described as a truly heartless act, the video shows the motorcyclist crashing into a man crossing a road in Sutton, as traffic begins to move off at the lights.
The rider is knocked off his bike and the pedestrian is sent flying down the road.
We can then see the motorcyclist getting up but instead of helping the fallen man, he yells at him and exits the scene.
The victim is then left lying alone in the middle of the road.
The pedestrian, aged 53, was taken to a South London hospital for treatment to his injuries and he has since been discharged.
Police are now appealing for information about the identity of the motorcycle rider.
Difficult words: CCTV footage (security camera video), pedestrian (somebody who’s walking), heartless (without caring), victim (person hurt in an accident), discharge (to allow a patient to leave hospital), appeal (to make a serious request).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos