Mount Etna Erupts – level 1
Mount Etna is a volcano. A volcano is a mountain that sometimes becomes dangerous. Mount Etna is on the island of Sicily, Italy. Only three active volcanoes are in Europe. Mount Etna is the highest of them. It is 3,326 meters high.
Mount Etna is almost always active. Active is a situation when it can erupt or explode. Lava and ash can come out from it. Small earthquakes happen near Mount Etna from time to time. They are not usually very dangerous.
Last week, Mount Etna becomes active again. It erupts. People can watch lava and a big cloud of ash. Officials say that the situation is not dangerous. Nobody is hurt.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.