Mount Etna Erupts – level 1
Mount Etna is a volcano in Sicily, Italy. It is the tallest volcano in Europe. It is 3,357 meters tall.
Mount Etna is very active. It is active almost all the time. Only sometimes, the volcano stops.
Mount Etna is near the city of Catania. The volcano is very dangerous in the past. People write about it 3,500 years ago. It erupts a lot. To erupt means that lava and smoke come out of it.
Etna is very active in 2021. It erupts 11 times in three weeks. The volcano gets 30 meters higher. Last week, it erupts again. People can see an orange river of lava at night. Planes can’t fly.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.