Mount Etna Erupts – level 2
Mount Etna is the highest volcano in Europe. It is near Catania, which is the second largest city on the island of Sicily, Italy.
There are only three active volcanoes in Italy, but Mount Etna is a lot higher than the other two volcanoes. It is 3,326 meters high and it is almost always active. The last eruption happened in December 2018, and two days later, an earthquake destroyed several buildings in Catania.
This week, Mount Etna erupted again, and it sent a cloud of ash into the air. People watched lava coming out from the volcano. Luckily the eruption was not dangerous for people, and officials did not report any damage.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.