Mumbai metro helps the city – level 2
Mumbai in India is one of the biggest cities in the world. It has terrible traffic and overcrowded public transport, but officials hope that the new Aqua Line metro will solve these problems.
The metro network will reduce congestion and provide better connectivity. The Aqua Line, which will open in December, will connect the southern island to the northern suburbs which will make travel faster. The city with a population of over 22 million people needs a better metro system for a long time. Experts hope that the Aqua Line alone will take 85% of commuters away from road travel.
There are many problems with the construction of the metro line, but the authorities are determined to finish it. The metro network is part of a larger plan to improve Mumbai’s public transport and support the region.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What potential challenges could the construction of Aqua Line metro present?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.