Museum of Pablo Picasso – level 1
Pablo Picasso was an artist. He was born in 1881 in Spain. But he lived in France. He died in 1973.
There is a museum in Paris. It has around 5000 of Picasso’s paintings and sculptures. This museum is in a large house. The house is from the 17th century.
People renovate the museum. The renovation costs 52 million euros. One million people visit this museum every year.
Difficult words: was (past of “be”), sculpture (something which is made of stone or wood), renovate (to fix something and make it better).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you Picasso's fan?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.