Museum of Pablo Picasso – level 2
Pablo Picasso was born in 1881 in Spain, but he spent most of his life in France. He died in 1973. A museum with more than 5000 of the artist’s paintings, sculptures, prints and personal archives re-opened in Paris.
A 17th-century mansion contains the museum. The renovation cost about 52 million euros and it tripled the size of the exhibition space. People expect one million visitors to the museum every year. The renovation of this building took five years.
Difficult words: mansion (a large, beautiful house), renovation (when people fix up something and make it better), exhibition space (place for artwork).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you Picasso's fan?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos