Museum on Fire – level 3
A massive fire tore through the 200-year-old National Museum of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro last Sunday.
Firefighters worked through the night to combat the blaze in the north of the city, but people believe that more than 20,000 items related to the history of Brazil are destroyed.
People do not yet know how the fire began, but staff had complained of the decrepit state of the building. The country’s president said that the day was a sad one for all Brazilians.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.