NASA Rocket Test – level 3
NASA has conducted a test on booster rockets that are a part of a rocket that will help send the US back to the moon.
The test was conducted in Utah, with one of the rockets secured to the ground and fired for two minutes to test motor performance and manufacturing quality.
These boosters have been a part of NASA’s biggest rocket built since the 1960s.
The rocket will have two of these boosters for its first crewed landing in over 50 years. They will provide 75% of the thrust in the first two minutes after the lift off, with each booster burning six tons of solid propellant every second.
Difficult words: booster rocket (an engine that helps a space vehicle take off), thrust (the force produced by an engine that pushes in one direction), propellant (an explosive substance that causes something to move forward).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos