NATO beer – level 1
A small Finnish brewery makes a special beer. The brewery is only a few kilometers from Russia.
The name of the beer is Otan Olutta. The name means ‘I’ll have some beer’ in Finnish. OTAN is also the French word for NATO. Last week, Finland and Sweden decide to join NATO. They are afraid of Russia. The beer celebrates NATO. The boss of the brewery says that the beer tastes of safety and freedom.
The can is blue and white. They are the colors of NATO. A knight is on the can. He is drinking a beer. He has a symbol of NATO on his body.
Difficult words: brewery (a place that makes beer), freedom (the situation to be free to live how you want), knight (a man from the past, who fights on a horse).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos