Nazi Weather Station – level 1
Germany sends 10 scientists to the Arctic. They study weather there. This happens in 1943. It is during World War II. The information is important. It can help Germany win the war.
Now, Russian scientists go to the Arctic. They find the Nazi weather station. They also find more than 500 things. Many of the things are well preserved.
Difficult words: important (something very special and useful), preserved (if something is preserved, it looks good after many years).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos