Needle in a haystack – level 1
This news is from Paris. There is an exhibition at a museum. There is a haystack in the museum. The president of the museum puts a needle in the haystack.
An artist tries to find the needle. He is Italian. He has 48 hours to find it. This artist does strange things sometimes. For example, he was in a room with a cow for 24 hours.
Difficult words: exhibition (an art show), haystack (a lot of hay which is dry grass), needle (a thin piece of metal with a point at one end).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that it is art?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.