Netflix Helps Workers – level 2
Netflix’s Chief Content Officer said that Netflix made a $100 million fund to help workers on its shows and movies and in the entertainment industry.
This is to help them while work is shut down due to the coronavirus. He said that most of the money is going to workers who are paid by the hour around the world.
Netflix had to stop work on shows several weeks ago like ‘Stranger Things’ and ‘The Witcher’ because of the virus. The company is also giving $15 million to people in the entertainment industry in countries where it does a lot of work.
Difficult words: Chief Content Officer (the person in charge of content or creative work at a company), fund (a large amount of money for a specific purpose), entertainment industry (people who work in entertainment, such as in theater, TV shows, or movies).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.