New 0-100 acceleration world record – level 3
A group of students from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ) and the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences has designed and built an electric racing car named Mythen that has broken the world record for electric
vehicle acceleration. The car achieved this remarkable feat by accelerating from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour in just 0.956 seconds, covering a distance of 12.3 meters. This achievement has been officially recognized by Guinness World Records.
The project involved around 30 members of the Academic Motorsports Club Zurich (AMZ), who developed all components of the car, including printed circuit boards, chassis, and the battery. The vehicle weighs 140 kilograms and boasts 240 kilowatts of power, which is a remarkable achievement in student engineering.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What was the distance covered by the electric vehicle when it achieved its record-breaking 0-100 km/h acceleration time of 0.956 seconds?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.