New Alzheimer’s drug – level 2
Researchers tested a new drug called Lecanemab; it could slow down Alzheimer’s Disease.
Some of the brain’s proteins are responsible for the disease; the drug reduced some of them. The result excited experts because it has never happened before. The study lasted 18 months, and it involved 1,800 patients.
Unfortunately, some of the patients experienced serious side effects such as brain swelling or bleeding. Experts believed that these problems could be easily monitored with the help of special x-rays. They said that the new drug would change the lives of patients with Alzheimer’s.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.