New app helps buskers – level 2
Some countries are becoming cashless. Ten per cent of people in the UK no longer have cash in their pockets, and one third of people have less than five pounds.
This can be a problem for buskers who rely on cash. Luckily, there is an app which solves the problem. It is called “Busk” and it lets you tip buskers cashlessly.
We will see if the app catches on. Some people may prefer to pass buskers “real” money, not just the digital type.
Difficult words: busker (an artist who does art in the street to make money), solve (if you solve a problem, the problem goes away), catch on (to become popular).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Will you use Busk?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.