New Artist Is Found – level 3
When Mona Osman began waiting tables at a London gallery café at the age of 19, her colleagues had no idea about her artistic talents.
She worked there for years, seeing other artists’ work on display, and now her solo show hangs in the gallery where her paintings came to the attention of one of the world’s most famous art dealers.
Charles Saatchi likes Mona’s work so much that he has already bought six pieces. Mona was over the moon when she heard the news.
Charles Saatchi certainly knows how to spot artistic talent, having helped launch the careers of artists like Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin, and it seems that Mona may be destined to follow in their footsteps. He has already asked her to work on some larger pieces.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.