New Discovery in Luxor – level 1
Egyptian scientists find a tomb. It is in Luxor. It is 3,500 years old. The tomb is from the 18th dynasty.
There are mummies in the tomb. One mummy is of a goldsmith. His name is Amunhat.
Scientists find more. There are many historical things. There are statues, for example.
Difficult words: tomb (a room for dead people – in Egypt, it is a room for mummies and their things), 18th dynasty (the 18th kings and queens of Egypt), goldsmith (a person who makes gold things and jewellery).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.