New Discovery in Luxor – level 2
Egyptian scientists discovered a 3,500-year-old tomb. People built it during the 18th dynasty. The tombs are located in the country’s southern city of Luxor.
The tomb belonged to a royal goldsmith, who people identified as Amunhat. Scientists found mummies, pottery and a stela. They also found double statues of the goldsmith, his wife, and one of their sons.
The archaeologists are still working in the tomb, and they think that they are going to find even more. They also hope that this will help Egypt’s tourism.
Difficult words: tomb (a room for mummies), goldsmith (a person who makes gold things and jewellery), pottery (pots, dishes, etc.), funeral stela (an upright piece of stone, which says something about a dead person).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.