New flying vehicle – level 3
Washington State’s Zeva Aero is developing a disc-shaped flying vehicle, and its inventors believe that it’ll change the personal transportation landscape.
The zero emission electric vehicle takes off vertically, and then it flies forward at 260 kmph. They designed it to hold a single person, and its early version is currently undergoing an exhaustive test program for human-piloted flights.
The vehicle is an octocopter, which means it has eight motors. Four motors are on the top and four in the bottom plane, and each one is optimized for its position. The body itself is curved, and it creates lift when the vehicle moves through the air.
If the tests are successful, one of the first customers could be medics to get them to the scene of an accident to treat trauma victims. A number of wealthy people have also approached the company, and they would like to use the vehicle to fly from their lake houses or yachts to the city. The estimated price of the vehicle is 250,000 dollars.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.