New industrial zones in Egypt – level 2
Egypt is building four big industrial zones along the Suez Canal.
The Suez Canal is a very important route for ships, which transport goods from Asia to Europe. During the pandemic, Europe had big problems to have enough goods from Asia. Egypt’s officials believe that the new zones will solve similar problems in the future. Companies will be able to get their products to Europe in 48 hours.
The area along the Suez Canal has more than 16 million square kilometers. There are some companies already, but the problem is that they are too far from big cities. The new zones will be close to cities, and workers won’t travel far. Officials plan to build more cities and to completely change the area. It will take 15 years until everything is finished.
Difficult words: industrial zone (an area with many factories and other businesses), route (a way from one place to another), goods (things which companies sell).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos