New Law in Vietnam – level 2
A new cybersecurity law in Vietnam took effect on January 1st. Tech companies have a year to comply to everything that the law says.
For example Facebook has to store user data in Vietnam, must provide information to the government (if the government asks for it), and must remove certain content if the government orders it. Foreign tech companies in Vietnam that have more than 10,000 Vietnamese users must have offices in Vietnam.
Some people criticise the law. They say that it gives the government too much power and that it is not good for free speech. The government, on the other hand, says that the law protects people’s information and helps fight cybercrime.
It is interesting that the American government wrote to Facebook and Google and asked not to comply to the new law.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.