New Mexico–USA Deal – level 1
People are coming from Mexico to the USA. Some of them come illegally. Trump wants this to stop. He wants Mexico to stop them. He says that if Mexico does nothing, he puts a tax on things which Mexico sells to the USA.
Last week, the USA and Mexico make a deal. Mexico is going to try to stop the people. Trump says that he will not start the tax.
Difficult words: illegally (it is a crime to do it), tax (extra money that you have to pay to send something to another country), deal (a plan).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.