New Phone Boxes – level 2
The iconic red phone boxes were once everywhere in Britain, and they were a popular tourist attraction. However, in the age of smartphones, their numbers are growing smaller.
One company thought that it was a good idea to take the phone boxes into the 21st century. The company decided to turn them into small offices with Wi-Fi, plug sockets, a phone, a printer, a scanner and free coffee and tea.
The company launches its first work station in London this month and it is opening others soon. It plans to expand to other cities in October.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.