New Planet with Water – level 2
Scientists discovered water vapor in the atmosphere of a distant exoplanet. The planet named K2-18b is 111 light years away.
It is the first exoplanet with water to exist near its star’s livable area, which makes it a perfect candidate to search for alien life. The next step is going to be to detect chemicals around the planet. That will be possible within the next 10 years. These chemicals could show if anything lives on the planet.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.