New Royal Baby – level 1
Prince Harry and Meghan have a baby. He is a boy. His name is Archie. They show him to the world.
Archie’s full name is Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. People want to know what his name means. ‘Archie’ means ‘brave’ or ‘genuine’. Harrison means ’son of Harry’.
‘Mountbatten-Windsor’ is a combination of names. ‘Mountbatten’ is the name of Prince Philip’s family. ‘Windsor’ is the name of the Queen’s family. ‘Prince Philip is Archie’s great-grandfather and the Queens’ husband.
Difficult words: brave (not afraid), genuine (real), combination (a thing which is two or more things put together).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos