New Royal Baby – level 2
Prince Harry and Meghan showed the world their son Archie last Wednesday. His full name is Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. He is a famous royal baby; people analyse his name.
They do not find any connection between Harry’s or Meghan’s families and the name ‘Archie’. ‘Archie’ can mean ‘brave’ or ‘genuine’. Harrison probably means ‘son of Harry’. ‘Mountbatten-Windsor’ was created in 1960 when Archie’s great-grandparents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, married.
Harry and Meghan are not doing everything traditionally. For example, they do not let people take photographs right after Archie was born. They wait a few days.
Difficult words: connection (when two things have something in common, are similar or mean something), brave (unafraid), genuine (real, authentic).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos