New Royal Baby – level 3
Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, introduced their son Archie to the world last Wednesday. His full name is Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
The media has not yet found a connection either between Prince Harry’s or Meghan’s families and the name Archie. They say that the name can mean ‘brave’, ‘bold’ or ‘genuine’, so it may be fitting to be simply the baby’s own name. Harrison probably means ’son of Harry’ and Mountbatten-Windsor is the surname which was created when Archie’s great-grandparents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, married in 1960.
Harry and Meghan have broken some royal traditions – for example, they chose to keep their family affairs private, did not give their son a courtesy title, or posed for photographs a few days after the baby was born.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.