New ways to bury people – level 3
Water cremation and human composting are new alternatives to traditional burials. Both alternatives reduce greenhouse gas emissions from cremation, and they don´t take up land.
Seth Vidal from Natural Funeral explains how water cremation works. The company takes a dead person and add waters and an alkali process. When the process is done, the so-called essence is left. The essence has every ingredient for a natural organic fertilizer.
Water cremation is a more environmentally friendly option to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from cremation and to take up land during a burial. The method is legal in three US states, and it allows natural organic processes to happen, which is basically human compost.
In human composting, a body is placed inside a container, laid on top of straw, and some ingredients are added that help make the composting. The body composts as it would naturally do inside of the earth, and all the parts that are left in the body go back to nature, and they help create new life.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.