New Webb images – level 1
In 2021, the James Webb Space Telescope starts taking pictures of the universe. Recently, it takes amazing pictures of 19 spiral galaxies.
These pictures help us learn how stars are born. We know more about how galaxies evolve. The telescope mainly uses infrared light. People cannot see this light. This light can see through dust and study stars behind it. The galaxies in the pictures are quite far away. The NGC5068 galaxy is about 15 million light years from us.
These images are special. They show many new details about stars. They also tell us more about dust and gas clouds. This is where new stars are born.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What type of light does the James Webb Space Telescope use and why is it important in studying distant galaxies?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.