New Webb images – level 3
The James Webb Space Telescope has revealed stunning images of 19 spiral galaxies, shedding light on star formation, galactic structure, and evolution.
Shared by the Physics at High Angular resolution in Nearby GalaxieS (PHANGS) project, these images offer detailed insights into about 100,000 star clusters and millions, if not billions, of individual stars. Notable galaxies include NGC5068, around 15 million light-years away, and NGC1365, about 60 million light-years distant. The telescope was launched in 2021and it observes mainly in the infrared, providing a unique perspective on the early universe.
University of Oxford astronomer Thomas Williams notes that these images are crucial for understanding the initial stages of star formation, a phase previously obscured from view. The observations reveal the structure of dust and gas clouds in unprecedented detail, allowing scientists to comprehend the intricate cycle of star formation and feedback.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What notable galaxies were captured by the James Webb Space Telescope, and what key insights have they provided about star formation and galactic structure?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.