New York’s Hot Dogs – level 3
One man said that Nathan’s Hot Dogs is like the Empire State Building or the Brooklyn Bridge. They are all something very typical of the New York City.
New York’s famous hot dogs have been celebrating 100 years of history and in no ordinary fashion. People made a world record attempt for the longest continuous line of hot dogs by laying out Nathan’s Hot dogs.
They laid out 1,916 buns in total, which was stretching to an impressive 292 meters. People set the previous record in Tokyo by 34 metres.
Difficult words: attempt (a try), continuous (forming one thing, connected), stretch (exist over an area), impressive (awesome).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos