New Zealand Wins Over Coronavirus – level 2
It seems that New Zealand stopped the coronavirus there. In the past four days, there was only one new case of the virus, and the country is reopening schools, restaurants, and shops.
Many people wonder why New Zealand is so successful in the fight with the virus. One reason is that the country lies on an island, and the population is small.
The second reason is that New Zealand´s Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, acted quickly at the start. When the coronavirus started in the country, the government closed borders, schools, and businesses. Ardern communicated well with the public, and people followed all government rules. The country had a good system of testing people, and doctors helped to find people who could be ill.
However, Ardern said that people must be careful because there can be new cases of the virus.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.