Nigeria Border Closed – level 2
Last year, Nigeria closed its border. The reason was that Nigeria wanted to reduce imports and exports. The country also wanted to stop smuggling of products such as rice.
West African countries want to find out what the closure is doing. They agreed to make a special group called a committee. Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa and many countries depend on it.
Nigerian officials said that the committee must study the situation in all of Nigeria’s neighbors and write a report about it. There is no deadline for the report; however, the officials hope to do it quickly.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.