Nigeria destroys vaccines – level 1
African countries do not have enough COVID-19 vaccines. Rich countries buy all the vaccines. Some countries donate vaccines to Nigeria.
Sadly, health officials have little time to use them. The vaccines are getting old. It is not possible to use all the vaccines so quickly.
Nigeria has a million of doses of old vaccines. People are afraid. They do not want to get old vaccines. People think that they are dangerous.
Officials get rid of the old vaccines. The vaccines go into trash. People see that they will not get old vaccines. The country must buy new vaccines now.
Difficult words: vaccine (a medicine that makes you stronger against an illness), donate (to give money or things to someone who needs it), dose (the amount of medicine for a person).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos