Nigeria destroys vaccines – level 2
Nigeria destroyed a million doses of COVID-19 vaccines because they were too old.
Many African countries could not get enough vaccines because rich countries bought them. Later, some countries donated vaccines which they did not need, but these vaccines had a very short shelf life. A short shelf life means that there was only a little time to use them.
A million doses stayed in boxes, and nobody used them. People were afraid that they were dangerous, and they did not want them. Last month, Nigerian officials showed a video of how workers destroyed these vaccines. It was important for people to see that they would not get old vaccines.
With 200 million people, Nigeria has the most people in Africa. So far, health officials administered around 13 million doses.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.