Nightclub Troubles – level 2
At a New York nightclub a 22-year-old woman’s friends lapped her on her behind. She did not know that her girlfriend slapped her – she thought that it was the bouncer.
The 155-centimetre girl was not having any of that and she went for the bouncer. She started choking him until he fell to the ground.
Police arrested the woman, but she was free to go. Police said that the bouncer did not do anything because he thought that it was a friend playing a joke.
Difficult words: bouncer (a nightclub security guard), not have any of that (dislike something), go for (do something or attack suddenly), choke (press on the neck).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos