Ninja Jump Stops a Thief – level 3
A security camera footage shows a car owner walking to pay at a service station in Darwin, Australia, before a figure appears from the shadows, gets into the car and starts to drive off.
However, the unsuspecting thief was stopped in his tracks by the courageous owner who launched himself feet first through the passenger side window and got inside the car. Later, the thief is running off into the distance, presumably quite startled by the turn of events.
Difficult words: footage (a video), unsuspecting (not knowing about the danger), startled (shocked), the turn of events (when things suddenly change).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
How would you stop a thief?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos