No snow in US mountains – level 2
In some parts of the US, there is not as much snow as there used to be, and this brings hard times for businesses which depend on winter.
Recent heavy rainfall and unusual warmth melted existing snow, which impacted activities like snowmobiling and skiing. Ski resorts, especially in the northern regions, need real snow. This unusual weather during the tourist season in New Hampshire concerns local people. They depend on money from winter activities.
Experts say that winters are shortening. The economic impact, especially on the winter sports industry, makes it necessary to invest in snow-making technologies to deal with changing winter weather.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some possible solutions for the decreasing snowfall and its impact on winter sports industries and local economies, as mentioned in the text?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.