No snow in US mountains – level 3
Across various parts of the United States, the absence of expected snow is posing challenges for winter-dependent businesses.
The unseasonable warmth, exacerbated by recent heavy rainfall, has melted existing snow, affecting activities like snowmobiling and skiing. Ski resorts, particularly in the northern regions, are desperate for real snow. This unusual weather pattern during what should be a busy tourist season in New Hampshire is causing concern and a sense of displacement for residents.
Experts note a significant shortening of winters, with quantifiable data indicating a three-week reduction compared to a century ago. The impact on the economy, especially the winter sports industry, is substantial, prompting investments in snow-making technologies to adapt to changing winter patterns.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What impact do shortened winter seasons and unpredictable weather patterns have on businesses, particularly those dependent on winter tourism in regions like New Hampshire?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.