North and South Korea – level 1
Two South Korean soldiers are at the border with North Korea. A land mine wounds them. This is a problem. North and South Korea are not friends. They do not like each other. Now, the situation is even worse.
North Korean TV shows young people. They want to fight. They want to destroy South Korea. South Korean soldiers are ready to fight. Maybe, war is coming.
Difficult words: border (a line where one country start and another country ends), land mine (a bomb which in the ground), wound (to hurt, to break).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this situation between North and South Korea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos